Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Movie Review: "A Wednesday"



This is one of the best movies I have seen in recent times....

The way the director ponders over the current situation of citizens of India and especially Mumbai. I really liked the way the director takes one by one; problems of a common man...(stupid common man)...

The movie starts as a police commissioner starts narrating the best case ever handled by him....But he says that the surprising fact is that it is never registered in a file or at any place........

I would not agree to some of the previous reviewers that the move doesn't have big star cast......I believe that this movie has the best of the actors in the Indian movie industry. The best stage actors...Anupam Kher and Naseerudin Shah.

Anupam Kher and Naseerrudin Shah are the actors nobody can be compared with.....they are unique characters and their presence in any movie makes an amazing impact to the movie.

I would not like to describe the movie or the story as a whole because I want you to watch the movie and then think of what a common man in India would feel after what has happened with the common man.....

I really like the last line of the movie......Anupam Kher says" He told me his name but I won't tell you because people tend to find religion in a name" The above lines really touched my heart and depicts the real pain in the hearts of people of Mumbai....

I really want people to watch this realistic movie....Hats off to the director and the writer....

1 comment:

Pranav Vyas said...

So true buddy......

But I do not know if such films gets awarded in India or will ever get awarded in mainstream bollywood cinema..... There is one more movie quite artistic and deserve applaud is Shaurya and Manorama(six feet under)...watch it and post the review ...even when you dislike it hahahahaha........

In the mean time I am fighting with the blog settings; once done will reply tips for ur chord practice.....